Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Programming Note

As a couple of you may have noticed by now, I've switched from using Fangraphs data to data from FirstInning.com on my prospect profiles. The reason? They provide important information for Minor League players including GB rate for pitchers (and key component of FIP) and LD rate for hitters (a key component of BABIP). Fangraphs has all of that data (and so much more) for Major Leaguers, but their MiLB data is more basic than I'd prefer.

Hence the switch.

The only thing I'm not fond of with their site is that they seem to calculate K rate using PA as their denominator instead of AB, which is the more standard methodology. Know that when I compile the data for the MiLB performance charts in the Prospect Profiles, I'm still utilizing the standard K/AB forumla for calculating K rate. So the data sample isn't skewed for anyone.

I'll still be utilizing Fangraphs for all my MLB statistical linkage.

Thank you, that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment