Apologies for a slow writing day yesterday - I think it was the first time in a long time I legitimately had writers block. Hopefully I can get back on track today.
- The big news out of Cleveland in recent days has been the Indians signing of Chad Durbin. It's looked likely for awhile now, but it's finally official. Durbin leaves the Phillies for the Indians where he'll make 800k in 2011 and should help solidify the Indians 2011 'pen. I'll have plenty more on this soon enough.
- Let's Go Tribe has a weekend sixpack.
- Tony over at Indians prospect Insider is one of my favorite writers, and along with Alan Ciammiachella gives the Indians the best prospect reporting duo for any of the AL central teams. As always, he's been busy cranking out one scouting report after another. Over the past week he's given us reports on Zach Putnam (#21), Abner Abreu (#22), Giovanny Urshela (#23), Matt Packer (#24), Josh Judy (#25), and Jordan Henry (#26).
He also has a list of the remaining options for players on the 2011 40-man roster. Since, you know, everything else wasn't enough.
- At The Cleveland Fan, Paul Cousineau writers that Sizemore still matters and Nino Colla has an AL Central Outlook.
- With so many high level prospects knocking on the door, Royals GM has hinted that he isn't worried about bringing the kids up early just to avoid allowing them to reach Super-Two status. Clint Scoliny has another idea for keeping some of the young Royals cost effective over the long-term. Give them the Evan Longoria treatment and sign them to long-term deals really, really early.
- At Royally Speaking, Jeff Parker laments new Manager Ned Yost's seeming fondness for Chris Getz.
- Lots of good stuff over at Southside Sox including Juan Pierre's incredible workout habits, an interview with relief prospect Anthony Carter, and a review of Mark Buehrle's opening days starts as he prepares to make his 9th.
- Mike Engel has his review of #3 Royals prospect Mike Moustakas.